Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Ultimate Privilege

I was sitting with my sister at a volleyball game this weekend and said to her "Isn't it funny that someone is sleeping inside of me right now and we can't see him/her?"



So simple. One should be able to look at this picture and say "How is abortion legal?" A thin layer of skin cells separate the world from this human being and the innocent human being from the world.

My cousin said it perfectly, "When people say, well what about the life of the mother, my response is, "Would you not give your life now for your child, what makes this one any different?"

ANY remotely stable woman would not even blink if they had to choose between their life and the life of their child OUTSIDE the womb. You would take a bullet, go into a burning home, trade places with your child in a Nazi prison camp, fight off anyone or anything trying to harm your child, interview anyone driving your child to and from an outing to ensure they are a safe driver, be disgusted at a coach or teacher who degrades or humilitates your child and their dignity, confront the bully who is harming your child at school, yet inside the womb it is okay to kill the child if you so freely choose??? What would we think of a mother who sat by and watched their child get shot, not attempt to run into a house on fire to save their child's life, push their child into the arms of a Nazi prison guard in order to save their own life as the mother, sit by and watch a dog mangle your child, let anyone drive your child to certain events without knowing anything about them, not confront a coach or teacher who repetitively degrades and strips the dignity of our child, nor do anything about the bully who threatens your child everyday at school.

WHY IS THIS DIFFERENT????

3 comments :

  1. I love catching up with your blog when I have a chance! Thank you!

    I thought I would share this. It was a note that was shared recently on Facebook ;) Your thoughts made me think of it again...


    A worried woman went to her gynecologist and said:
    -
    'Doctor, I have a serious problem and desperately need your help! My baby is not even 1 year old and I'm pregnant again. I don't want kids so close together.'
    -
    So the doctor said: 'Ok and what do you want me to do?'
    -
    She said: 'I want you to end my pregnancy, and I'm counting on your help with this.'
    -
    The doctor thought for a little, and after some silence he said to the lady: 'I think I have a better solution for your problem. It's less dangerous for you too.'
    -
    She smiled, thinking that the doctor was going to accept her request.
    -
    Then he continued: 'You see, in order for you not to have to take care of 2 babies at the same time, let's kill the one in your arms. This way, you could rest some before the other one is born. If we're going to kill one of them, it doesn't matter which one it is. There would be no risk for your body if you chose the one in your arms.'
    -
    The lady was horrified and said: 'No doctor! How terrible! It's a crime to kill a child!'
    -
    'I agree', the doctor replied. 'But you seemed to be OK with it, so I thought maybe that was the best solution.'
    -
    The doctor smiled, realizing that he had made his point.
    -
    He convinced the mom that there is no difference in killing a child that's already been born and one that's still in the womb. The deed is the same

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your readers might appreciate this beautiful blog post:

    http://www.catholicsistas.com/2011/11/14/20-children-is-not-too-many/

    ReplyDelete