Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wooden Painted Saints

I wrote a while back about a fun project some of my friends and I participated in together. We each picked two saints and painted approximately 13 of each to trade with each other. We did another swap last month and I had chosen St. Maria Goretti (Lillie's patron) and St. John Vianney (Vianney's patron).



St. Maria Goretti...facial features not present on purpose. Every time I attempted painting the eyes, they ended up looking crossed or like she had llama blood in her ancestry.


St. John Vianney


I was rather (to say the least) humbled the first time we swapped due to my last minute painting skills and very inadequate effort put forth towards my saints. The other women put a great amount of love, work, and detail into each saint and I wanted to take my little deformed saints and run off to Vienna. HID-E-OUS...for real.

I was determined this time not to disappoint so I started a good month in advance. Painting is not my forte by trade, but I did a much more eye-pleasing job this time around. No Michaelangelo happening here, but the harvest reaped from this effort was fabulous. Our children completely went nuts over their new saints.






3 comments :

  1. Hi! As a fellow Catholic mom, I love to read your blog. This idea is just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a friend of your sisters' (Elizabeth, Cacki, and Margaret Mary - and I LOOOOVE your blog! I live in Wichita and read it daily. you really help give me camaraderie on days I feel like a loner in trying to form young souls! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea, a saint peg doll swap. i have that on my to do list for the upcoming new year. ALL FOR!

    ReplyDelete