Thursday, September 20, 2012

Fatima 2011 & 2012

For the second year in a row, the older kids participated in a play about Our Lady of Fatima. A remarkable woman directs the production year after year. The most amazing part of the whole show is the music and dancing. This year, Dominic, Lillie, Rose, and Zellie were all pilgrims. Zellie was gut-churning adorable. We talked all last year about if she was "doing Fatima." It became a verb in our house. I would periodically say for my own amusement, "Hey Zell, Are you doing Fatima this year." "Yeah!" she would casually respond as she knew I got a kick out of it. They were so thrilled to just be apart of it. They looked forward to our Friday night practices and the anticipation leading up to the event. Zellie had entirely too much fun trying to fit in with the older girls. I caught her several times laughing a little too much at their jokes which in turn made me laugh. Of course, the first time I saw her on stage "acting afraid" at certain frightening parts, I did the nervous laugh/cry at her cuteness.
Last year, Rose and Lillie were angel dancers. Lillie was most memorable as she was having the time of her life dancing in front of people. Rose was one of the Blessed Mother's Little Angels. Fitting for her, as usual.
Dominic played the roll of Francisco. I was proud of him for memorizing his lines so well.

3 comments :

  1. How beautiful! These are reasons I'd love to be back in Lincoln! Someday maybe ;) What a gift to have (mostly) all your children in the production!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of a production like this before: how beautiful! Is the play copyrighted and published? I'd love to see it for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome are these pics!!!!!!!!! So adorable and what a wonderful experience for your children.

    ReplyDelete