Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Read-Aloud Revival

If you know me in the real world, I apologize if I CANNOT stop filling your mind and ears with what I am learning from listening to the exhilarating series Sarah Mackenzie has so generously offered on her amazing blog Amongst Lovely Things.  I read a only a handful of blogs consistently.  She is one of my favorites.  You will find a treasure chest of knowledge, encouragement, and wisdom from her servant's heart.  Specifically, I have devoured her Read-Aloud Revival series.  After listening to each podcast, I often couldn't believe they were free and available right here on the internet.  Each one expanded my perceptions of reading and specifically reading aloud.  Every episode seemed to cover a different aspect of reading that I had never occurred to me.  I listened to each podcast at night when folding laundry.  John equally enjoyed the knowledge each guest offered.  Each guest offered several book recommendations which has further exploded our library visits.  We usually average a visit a week, but now we are stopping by at least three times a week picking up various selections.  I started with podcast #9 which I listened to three times because there was so much goodness present.  You can never go wrong with Andrew Pudewa so just start at the beginning if you want!  Podcast #2 by Adam Andrews (Founder of Center for Lit) has been life changing.  We have starting doing basic literary analysis after most stories we read.  It has been delightful to see their minds working.

Head on over! Get.  Skedaddle.


2 comments :

  1. Oh Lindsay- you have totally made my week with this post. Thank you for the kind words! I'm so happy the podcast has blessed you! It's been so much fun to record!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay,your whole blog is very nice found some good stuff and good information here Thanks.. eyeones kids

    ReplyDelete