Sunday, December 6, 2015

Baby's First Christmas

She was afraid of the lights at first, yet mesmerized all at the same time. She wouldn't touch them initially. I could tell her little gears were turning and wondering what in the world were these sparkling lights. She had the same reaction to the fur on my coat this morning. She wouldn't touch it. I just adore these picture.  They were all so happy for her to be putting up her first Christmas tree.

Why is Christmas so wonderful?  I had the biggest lump in my throat most of today and yesterday listening to their excitement and glee.  I observed their faces while we drove around looking at Christmas lights and listening to Christmas music.  Our car was mostly silent except for the oooh's and aaaah's.  Why is the world are we so excited about Christmas?  I think it is so telling of the human heart and one of our greatest of desires which is to give, to serve, and to have hope. 
Why are white lights so enchanting?  I have nursed every one of our babies by the glimmer of the Christmas lights.  It will be one of my best motherhood memories. 








6 comments :

  1. What a beautiful post, Lindsay. The sentence where you write that we are so excited about Christmas because it represents the longing of our hearts to give, to serve, and to have hope, is spot on. Reading your blog gives me the same feeling. It renews my faith in humanity when I read the stories of your family. You are such a beautiful mother. Thank you for sharing your beautiful life with the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first one is Christmas card material! There are few things I love so much as a room lit only by strands of white Christmas lights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Christmas! Thanks for sharing your children. They are so precious.

    ReplyDelete