Friday, June 18, 2010

What does God intend you to be?

John heard on the Catholic Radio Station that instead of asking our children what do they want to be when they grow up, we should ask them "Why did God create you? What does HE intend you to be?" "What does God want you to be?" We try to make a weekly visit to the Pink Sisters Adoration Chapel. Before going in, I always remind them to ask Our Lord what he wants from them and what does he intend them to become. The Chapel is place where peace inhabits every corner of the building. All fears, worries, and tribulations are cast aside upon entering.


St. Catherine of Siena said, "If you are what God intended you to be, you will set the whole world on fire." I want to put this somewhere in our home. What a powerful quote.


I pray in your life that you remember to come see Him often. He loves you and loves to see you. Remember to bring your little sister along. She is a fiesty one. Too bad she is loved too much. She wouldn't keep her shoes on. She is probably dropping hints that she would rather be a discalced Carmelite.
When I was little, my mother use to take us often to make a visit. We were taught that when you pass a Catholic Church, you should make the sign of the cross. Beautiful, little traditions that are so very important.
A couple months ago, I made an appointment for Lillie, Rose, and Zellie to meet personally with a couple of the Pink Sisters. I had them each prepare questions to ask the nuns. Rose asked, "How did you know you were supposed to be a Pink Sister?"
Lillie asked, "Did you always want to be a Pink Sister?" Zellie was mute, but cute. I couldn't contain my smile and neither could the nuns. I pray that they will always be open to what God wants from them. We would never want to push a vocation to the religious life only to introduce it to our children and if they feel called, they will be familiar with different orders.

Do you see the second one in from the left? I know she believes that I exist to take cute pictures of her.

No comments :

Post a Comment