Friday, August 6, 2010

This and That of this week

Just for the record:

We had to take Clairvaux to the Emergency Room Tuesday night for a high fever. All day she was would cry in pain, but I thought it was due to the chili I had eaten the night before. I finally called Dr. McNeely after she woke up from her nap and was very warm. He sent me right to the ER. I looked like I had been in a fight with Rocky because I cried so hard. I was there from 4:30 until 10:00. They did a spinal tap, complete blood work and urine culture. The initial results were okay so they sent us home instead of admitting. They were very concerned about a newborn having a 102.7 fever. Dr. McNeely said he sent us home because he trusted me. I said, "For heaven's sake, don't trust ME. I am a mess." She is doing better now and the fever is down. Please watch over my little girl and NEVER let her do that again.

Today, I asked Zellie where she learned to dance so good.
She told me, "Shop-Ko."

Zellie has these cute little flip-flops that have a blue flower on the front. She came up to me and said, "Dominic told me my shoes are magic." He just smiled at me. I asked him, "Did you tell her that?" He said, "No!" WE both got a good laugh. I wonder why she thought they were magic.

Rose hurt her collar bone a couple nights ago, but was steadily making improvement over the past couple days. Although, this morning she came up to me crying and said, "I can't even make the Father and the Son with this arm." (The sign of the Cross.)

1 comment :

  1. Oh Lindsay I am so sorry! I would have also been an emotional mess. It is the hardest suffering to see your kids suffer...especially when they are so fragile.
    Praying for you both!
    <3

    ReplyDelete