Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Celebrating St. Lucy

This feast is a special day for our family in many ways.

It is the Anniversary of my father's death.

It is John's patron saint for his profession. St. Lucy is the patron of eye doctors.



We have a favorite cousin named Lucy so we celebrated in her honor.

We made St. Lucia's Braided Bread. In all my years of bread making yesterday was the first time I had dead bread. I killed the yeast. We had to celebrate today instead.





We sang the "Santa Lucia."

The silver star shines on the sea,
the waves are gentle,
the wind is favourable.
Come to my swift little boat!
Santa Lucia! Santa Lucia!

O dear Naples, o blessed land,
where creation was pleased to smile!
Come to my swift little boat!
Santa Lucia! Santa Lucia!





Thanks to Jessica at Shower of Roses, we listened to the audio book of
Lucia, Saint of Light
here.


No comments :

Post a Comment