Monday, September 30, 2013

Go Huskers and Kapaun of the Day

Kapaun shot of the DAY.  Actually, this was last week, but in an attempt to document his daily life I hope to catch up by at least just putting a picture of him each day.  His first time to wear a polo shirt.
I know I blog a lot about just our daily life.  Daily life is very important to me.  It is very mundane and usually extremely unexciting, but each day we spend together makes up our life together.  So, I look to capture our moments of dressing for Husker games or finding them all coloring together at the table and see how beautiful and wonderful our simple life is.  My friend Lucy was admiring Kapaun after mass this evening.  She said it so perfectly about life with a newborn.  She said, "It is all so completely wonderful and completely miserable."  It really is.  How can we be so enamored with somebody that just entered our home 12 days ago?  I cannot put him down and really do just want to sit and hold him, but life will not allow for that as I have other children who need my attention as much as Kapaun.  I told my sister half joking and half crying after Kapaun was born that I can't believe I fell for it again.  WHY am I so in love with someone else again leaving my stupid self so vulnerable about somebody else?  We laughed about how we fall for it every time.  Kapaun has stolen my heart already. 
How sweet these days are of them all at home under one roof.  How sweet these days are that they are excited to watch the game with John and I and look forward to the fun food we buy to celebrate the Husker games. 

It really is the simple things in life that make life great.  I still get giddy about new coloring books and fresh crayons.  They love when I sit and color with them.  I remember my own mother and how she would trace her pictures with a darker color first and then shade the inside.  Rose especially loves these details. 

9 comments :

  1. I am so glad that you are back posting again! I am a young new catholic mom and I can't tell you how much you help change my perspective--from negative to positive-- and inspire my vocation. I dont read any other blogs bc I find that they are too negative about mothering and after reading a post, I can view my children as drudgery, too. But you...while you are honest about the challenges, you write from such a heavenly pperspective and help me to focus on the eternal work I am doing. THANK YOU! I have your blog constantly up in an open tab and I check daily for a new post. That really is how much your words mean to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so uplifting while being so real. I love that about your blog. :)!

    So wonderful and so miserable. Yes. And, I want to eat the baby on the table (and we've got no shortage of babies at my house!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love seeing your kids all coordinated all the time. I thought I had it together. But I do NOT have it that together. They always look so adorable. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how much joy you find in your daily life - such a beautiful family! And, welcome, baby Kapaun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the reasons I read is *because* you blog about daily life. That's what us other mothers relate to. I wouldn't waste my time reading about someone who traveled the world on foot (not that that's not cool) or something...it wouldn't really help me in my daily life. I always come away uplifted from reading about snapshots of your life. It helps me see my own days more positively and to look for beauty and contentment right here with what I have. Like right now, watching how my 3 yr old and 20 month old have very carefully lay down doll quilts exactly in a sunbeam on the rug and are parking little cars on them with equal care for lining them up. It's so easy to miss stuff like that and just see "the boys are playing" instead of a precious brother moment.

    I love how you always have the girls' hair done so up so cute. It shows so much mama love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your children are so so precious, but I just can't imagine how wonderful it must be for your girls. I never had a sister and your girls look so happy together and look like they have so much fun. I bet little Damaris must love being right in the middle of everything. Such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you blog about daily life and the joy you find in it. Thank you for the reminder that this is the way to heaven for us mothers, especially on the days when the littles are extra demanding! You probably get a lot of people wondering how you do it all with so many - I know we only need the grace for as many as we have now, but I'd love to know a bit more about what your day is like!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a new reader just scrolling through some posts and I had to tell you - my mom colored EXACTLY that way as well, and I always noted it! I was so enamored with her coloring. She took careful time for and with us, and it was special. As a mom now it's so important for me to recall what my mom looked like through my little eyes and heart. So easy to forget what all those small moments mean. You keep a beautiful blog of a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you blog about the simple little things in life!! That is why I follow your blog.:-) adorable children as usual! :-)

    ReplyDelete