Friday, October 4, 2013

He nursed all night

Isn't there a song titled "I drove all night?"  Each morning, John asks how Kapaun slept and this song usually comes to mind.  I would love to have a video camera on me when I have a newborn especially in the middle of the night.  Up, down, up down, binki in, nurse, hold, head bob, nurse, burp, head bob, up down, and finally I just lay down and nurse him and we always sleep great.  I love slithering out of bed in the morning to look back and see how his little body was perfectly curved toward mine.  I will miss these moments when I am older. I love how he cuddles right in and finds contentment right next to me.






Newborn legs enchant me as I felt them kick me for so long.  I try to memorize their baby feet in my mind and what their chicken legs look like all scrunched up.

I thought this was beautiful in honor of the Feast of St. Francis of Assisi today.  We must keep giving.

6 comments :

  1. Lovely. I'm reading this as I nurse little Ignatius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stumbled upon your blog and love it! Just gave birth to our first (a month ago) and I, too do this dance , almost always ending up with the little guy right beside me. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh I love this. The "baby sleeping in a big bed" pictures are THE. BEST. Makes me wanna snuggle with my own! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The water bottle in the co-sleeper. Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stumbled onto your blog--what a beautiful family!! This post is so true, you have captured the nights with baby perfectly. Our fifth baby was born Aug 5th, and I am savoring every moment for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I read “He nursed all night”, I immediately thought of all the Night Shift nurses who don’t ever get a a good night’s sleep yet still go to work to take care of people they don’t know. That is service to one’s fellow humans.

    ReplyDelete