Thursday, February 26, 2015

Thursday, February 26, 2015

We received word on Tuesday morning that the questionable mass on her kidney had significantly shrunk confirming that it was a hemmorhage.  We knew the ultrasound was performed that early morning and results were read right away.  I woke up every hour that night looking at the clock.  I left her that night covered in prayer, holy water, and sleeping with all her saint friends tucked into her bed. I have been so afraid to even accept this as a possiblity in her life.  When I walked away from her that night, I realized I had done everything I could humanly do.  I went to my room that night I just laid in bed and stared at the wall.  John came early that morning so we could be together when the results were delivered.  He called the hospital on his way up and they couldn't tell him anything yet.  He called back about 45 minutes later and just explained how we were truly on pins and needles and if they could tell us anything.  The nurse kindly read a bit of the report and told John that it appears the mass was indeed smaller, but the doctors wanted to talk with us to give an official report.  I was a bit shell-shocked as I was anxiously anticipating a "meeting" when they tell us everything so for John to be able to call up and get the preliminary results was such a gift as I was so anxious.  The neonatologist came in around noon and we were chatting a bit.  I was trying to read his every expression and body language to tell if he was getting ready to tell me bad news.  I finally asked him about the report and he nicely says, "Oh Yeah.  Everything looks great.  You don't need to worry about that anymore."  I wilted in my chair and just shook in relief. 

Lourdes continues to do well.  She is gaining weight everyday.  She is keeping her feedings down.  We look at each other every day and each day I notice she stares longer and longer into my eyes.  It is amazing how quickly you get to know each child.  I know that she likes being held upright right under my chin.  She tucks her arms in and will just look around contently.  She sleeps quite awhile in the morning as she has been throwing a party for the night nurses I hear.  I think she is still trying to figure out her days and nights a bit.  She is nursing so well which I am so thankful because she went several days without nursing in the very beginning. 

We are scheduled to go home in 8 more days (Friday, March 6th in the afternoon).  You learn to say that lightly around here because you just never know what will come up between now and the minute you are to go home.  It doesn't make me anxious as we are so thankful that her bacterial infection was discovered here and not at home.  So, whatever God has planned for our stay, I want to trust it is always for the best.

Some of my wonderful friends came up to Omaha on Monday.  We went to the Cheesecake Factory and then later prayed the rosary and novena prayers around Lourdes that evening.  Friendship is one of life's greatest, most wonderful blessings.  I would have to write a trilogy to thank each of our friends for all that they have done over the past weeks and months.  How do you thank them adequately?  Suggestions will be taken for the rest of my life...Thank you.

Our other children have been overly loved on and provided for to such beautiful measures.  Zellie was sick for a couple days and I realized that between John's mom, aunt and cousin (who are all nurses) she was completely well-cared for.  That was a gift.  John's parents, aunts, and cousins have traveled to be with our children.  They have sent wonderful pictures and messages to me that always make my heart happy.  They have sacrificed their own family time to help our family.  John's sisters have offered to come with their own children to be at our home so he can work and be here with me.   

My new friend, Mertyl Mae Quinn, brings me communion each day at 1:00. We sit and visit about life for about an hour.  She offered several of her days for Lourdes to heal. 

Funny that so much has happened since we first came here two weeks ago.  It feels like since other more serious issues arose since her arrival that I have forgotten why we came here in the first place.  Oh yes, that is right, she had surgery to put her insides that were on the outside back on the inside.  We pray that all continues to heal and hopefully we will all be together soon.


31 comments :

  1. Praise God! I have thought of and prayed for you often! Be well, mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY happy for all of you, Lindsay :). That is such wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a GREAT update! Way to go baby Lourdes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for you all! I'm glad to hear she is nursing well after not getting to for a few days. Such a special bonding time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallelujah! This is a wonderful update. I am so glad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Offering prayers of thanksgiving for these improvements. DEO GRATIAS!! So happy to hear that things are looking brighter for you. Hoping and praying that they keep getting brighter and that you are together as a family soon. :-)
    Love and prayers,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing news! I'm glad you and your family have such a wonderful and strong support system.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news! God is so good! We continue to pray the rosary for Lourdes every day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praise God from whom ALL BLESSINGS FLOW! And thank you Blessed Mother and all of the saints in Heaven. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great news! Thank you Lord for hearing our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GREAT NEWS! I can identify w so much of what you say... in my own testimony. Praise God for the work he is doing for baby Lourdes. Our family prays and offers sacrifices for her everyday... much love, The Borngrebes

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was very nice meeting you today! I feel God puts you in places to show love to others! Not that either if us wanted this for our children but I also feel it was a cross he wanted us to bear!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for this update. I am continuing to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You all will continue to be in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Lindsey,
    You and Lourdes and your family came to mind last night (I've been reading, and very much enjoying, your 'blog), so I lifted you and John, and Lourdes up in prayer. May God continue to give you His peace, and much grace!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad to hear the mass is not worrisome! I hope you are all healthy and home together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Praying! We just took a little vacation at a hotel and our housekeeper was named Lourdes. Don't think it was an accident. Prayed for you guys in a special way!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How is baby girl? I hope you all are doing alright!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been thinking about you all! I hope that over a week since your last post means that things are still looking better!
    Sending my love and prayers ~
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've been thinking of your family all weekend. Hopefully Lourdes is snuggled down to sleep in her own home tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thinking of you and your family! I hope Lourdes is home safe and sound with her loving family surrounding her and spoiling her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Lindsay! Praying for you and eagerly awaiting your next update. I wanted to give you this blog about a catholic missionary family of 8. You were in my heart and I think you'll love it...
    https://frommetomissionary.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Praying little Lourdes is home and healthy. I'm hoping life is very full and busy now for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I dont know you. I got to this page when I typed " I love my child". Reading this made me happy your child is doing well.
    Best wishes and prayers from an anonymous man.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I keep checking and checking for info that Lourdes is home. Praying very often, especially for your strength. ~Kym

    ReplyDelete
  26. Does anyone know if they are OK? I check almost every day here as I don't use Facebook, perhaps they wrote something there? Lindsay, I hope you and your baby (and whole family) are just fine and that these are just being very "boring" days...

    ReplyDelete
  27. I hope you're enjoying time with your family. If you can spare a moment to update this blog or facebook for the prayer warriors who want to support you, that would be awesome! If not, we will keep lifting you, your mother, your children, John and little Lourdes up in every way we can. Blessings to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Still checking in, as well. Praying for your family!!

    ReplyDelete