Friday, July 6, 2012

All Boy

Someone once commented to me (jokingly) that it must be hard to not dress Dominic in dresses because of all the girls we have. I remember laughing and responding saying "Nope, we are raising him like a boy" and he is all boy. John usually cuts his hair, but we had limited time last week before leaving on a trip so I took him to get it done by a professional.
When the lady asked what he wanted done, he replied "Can you cut it like a Marine? I really want a military hair cut." His serious request was touching to me. I love that he admires the military. I love when I look through his treasure box or special drawer that he has stuffed into them all things boy. Compasses, snake skin found out back, fossils, army manuals, a canteen, skeleton keys, and other military parafernalia. We had some friends over from out of town last weekend and before they arrived, I saw him searching for all his cool stuff to show the boys who were coming.
So, the beautician turned to me and said "High and Tight?" I looked at him and said, "Yep, high and tight...that's how he would like it." When we were leaving he told me that he thought it was so cool I let him get a military hair cut. When John got home, the first thing Dominic told him was "Mom told the lady to cut my hair like a Marine. She said 'High and Tight'. That is just so neat."
What a simple kid to please.

1 comment :