Friday, May 24, 2013

Baby's Favorite Spot and Song

Damaris has reached the cute phase of when I say "Go see if Papa is home" she will run over to the window and check for a long time.
There is always a lot of pointing and one-year-old commentary about what she can see while waiting for him to pull into the driveway.
Hot pink toes by Aunt Damaris.


I forgot to write about one of the cutest things she does.  Back around Christmas, Dominic learned to play the song "Come, thou Fount of Every Blessing" on his tin whistle.  I am still looking for the video of him, but the song will be forever imprinted on my heart as he still looked so small and innocent up in front of the crowd playing his tin whistle.  I can't listen to that song without getting tears in my eyes thinking of Dominic playing it that afternoon.  Anyway, since then I have played the song from Youtube and hummed it to Damaris.  She picked up on it and will actually hum the tune.  I have gotten so use to her doing it that I forgot how cute it was until my sister came and asked, "Is Damaris humming 'Come, thou Fount of Every Blessing?" It really is sweet.
I play this version every morning when the kids are starting their school work. Rose says it is her favorite.


No comments :

Post a Comment